Sunday, April 10, 2011

PRAGA!

I made my way to the airport all by myself! I had to get on a bus, get off the bus, walk over the freeway and get on another bus. And I DID IT! I felt very accomplished.  I made my way to Prague, but not before a layover in Frankfurt, Germany.  Does it count as having been to Germany if you were in the airport for a combined total of 2 hours? I think yes, I did touch the tarmac… Shila and her friend picked me up at the airport and we headed back to her dorm, which is an old palace in the middle of the forest.  So beautiful.  They take public transportation (buses, trams, metros) everywhere, but there’s a catch. Most people pay to ride them but there are people who do not, a.k.a. me and Shila’s friends.  Every once and awhile a policeman will come and check to see if you have a ticket and if you don’t they fine you about $60.  Thank god I wasn’t caught!! The first night we were all really tired so we ate some good old fashion KFC, wandered around the city a little bit and went back to the dorm and hung out. 
                The next morning we woke up at the disgustingly early hour of 11 and went exploring. We saw the Lennon Wall, Love Locks, St. Charles bridge, the castle, St. Wenceslas Square, and many more cool places.  We wandered, ate Kebabs (obviously), had some delicious ice cream, people watched, and enjoyed each other’s company.  That night we went on a pub crawl which was really fun! We went to 4 different bars and one big night club at the end.  Most everyone was American and I even got a t-shirt out of it! Before the pub crawl I ate a Czech specialty, a fried cheese sandwich. It was delicious, I want one now.



 
                The next day we did close to the same thing.  We went to a festival next to the astrological clock and I had a Czech churro type thing and some black beer (not my favorite).  Every building is literally beautiful and unique (America sucks!).  Saturday night we went to one of Shila’s friend’s birthday parties which was fun, they had cheese so I hung out by that all night.  We went back to the dorm early because I had to wake up at 7 am to catch my flight.  Always a bad choice to have early flights.  It has been a long day of traveling and I am very tired but since I am so studious I am going to do my homework!
                Spring break on Thursday and home in 4 weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment