Monday, February 14, 2011

Roommate Reunion!

This weekend I ventured to Madrid to meet my friends/old roomates (Shila, Girl Jordan, and Stacy!). I left Alcala de Henares around 4 (after dealing with a hostel crisis and having to book a new one of the spot) to go meet Jordan at the train station (where she came from Salamanca, which is a city in Spain but very close to Portugal).  We went to the hostel, which ended up being a massive apartment with 6 beds, a couch, kitchen, and two bathrooms all for just 3 girls!  We quickly made our way to the airport to fetch Shila since she does not know Madrid like the back of her hand like I do!! After we waited for about 20 minutes, we greeted her at the baggage claim and headed for the hostel.  After getting a bit lost we managed to make it back and had to get ready quickly becuase my friends from school and some friends we met on another trip to Madrid were going out for tapas before heading into the night.  Tapas were good, I tried bull soup, I didn't have any of the meat but the liquid tasted just like beef stew! After tapas we headed to Kapital for the second time and had a good time there for the night. 
The next morning we had to get up early and check out and move to a new hostel because the two weren't available for two nights in a row.  The new hostel was very small but also quite nice as well.  We rested for a little bit and then headed out on the town.  We wandered around and met up with my friend Stacy and her 9 friends.  We went out to a great lunch! I had salad and some sort of fish! After lunch we went back to the hotel to rest.  When it was time to leave again I decided to show them cultural parts of Madrid.  We went to the terrace of a beautiful theatre and looked at the panaramic view of the city (I also did this with my parents when they came!).  After that I showed them the Palace Hotel (now owned by the Westin).  This hotel was designed by the same man that designed the Titanic and the two share very similar features.  After that we made our way to the Reina Sofia museum of modern art where I showed them the famous Guernica by Picasso and other famous pieces of art.  We were all very hungry and did not have a lot of money so we stopped for kebabs and pizza and headed back to the hotel to get ready for the night.  Saturday night we went to a club called Pacha and spent our time there until 5 am!!! We came back to the hostel and slept until we had to get up for early check out and headed into the city.  We wandered for a bit, exchanged some crowns for euros (for Shila who is studying in Prague), and went to the supermarket called Corte Ingles. There we bought baguettes and cream cheese and more cheese! I had a cream cheese on cheese sandwich.  I'm cheese girl! We sat in a coffee shop for a couple of hours because it was warm.  (It was cold and rainy on Sunday).  When it was time to leave I showed Shila how to get the airport, showed Jordan how to get to the bus station, and made my way back to Alcala by train.
All around successful weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment