Friday, February 4, 2011

MOMMY AND DADDY ARE HERE!

I woke up at 7 am Thursday morning from excitement because I knew I would be meeting my parents soon.  I haven't gone this long without seeing them my whole life and I needed a little parent fix! I took the train all alone with all of my luggage to Madrid and found the hotel like a true Spaniard.  They were waiting in the lobby with me and my mom wasted no time schlepping us to our first museum, the world renown Prado.  It was beautiful.  After that we hopped on the hop-on-hop-off bus tour where I got a wonderful view of Madrid, while both of my loving parents napped..We got off after the tour ended and I took them to my favorite restaurant in Madrid for some paella and some huevos estrellados (eggs and french fries).  They loved it! After we were full from lunch we decided to hop back on the bus since the baby's had been sleeping the last time, and who would have thought, they slept again... That was enough excitement for one day for the jet lagged folks so we headed back to the hotel so they could get some rest.  We put dad to bed in his own hotel room (fancy huh?), and mom had her second wind and we decided to hit the town. We wanted to go to Javier Bardems' family's restaurant so we hopped in a cab, but once we got there it smelled and it was empty so we decided to take our chances on something else. We wandered into this wine (gay) bar that was delicious and was super busy by 9 o clock.  After we ate it was time to hit the hay.
We woke up around 9 to a call from my dad who slept for 15 hours the night before.  We headed out to breakfast and then to the Reina Sofia museum (modern art), then wandered and found an amazing restaurant where we had fried cheese with strawberry sauce, cheese that looked like a flower, delicious salad, eggplant, and salmon ravioli!  After lunch we shopped a bit and I bought a very cute purse! Then we came back to the hotel and took a much needed Spaniard siesta!!! Now, we are heading out for a tapas tour where we will go to 4 tapas restaurants woo!!
Toledo Tomorrow!!
Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment