Sunday, January 30, 2011

Granada!

Just got back from an amazing weekend in Granada.  This small city in the south of Spain is one of the largest tourist attractions in the world, all because of a little castle on a hill. Just kidding.  The thing is massive, the grounds are about 5 miles in diameter and come equipped with bath houses, prostitute houses, fountains, living quarters, and one BIG castle. The whole area has a panoramic view of the entire city of Granada and I could even spot the crane that was next door to my hostal!! Even though we trekked through the Alhambra in the pouring rain it was an amazing experience and I recommend it to everyone! In addition to the castle, we wandered around town, like the cultured students we are, and spotted beautiful cathedrals, pastelerias (pastry shops), tapas bars, flower filled squares, and even a children's carosel (I wanted to go on but I was too big :( ). The rest of the trip was filled with eating and discotechas (my new favorite activity)!  I will post pictures on facebook later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment